Monday, August 5, 2013

Taylorsville Housewife

As of today, I am officially a STAY AT HOME MOM!  I've been working two days/week in the office and the rest at home, but starting today, I am working from home every day of the week and cutting down to part time hours.  It's marvelous!!  It was really hard to make this decision!  Dave works and makes enough money for our bills, but my income has been really nice.  I've always worked, since I was 16, so it was weird to think about not going to work at least a couple of times a week.  Also, we had insurance through my job, so I'd be giving up that too.  It didn't make sense from a financial stand point, but when I thought about being there for Olivia, it totally made sense.  Dave really wanted me to stay home too, so we prayed about it and decided to go for it!  We are both so happy and we've been really blessed with job opportunities for Dave.  He will be working a few different jobs to make it so we have insurance and that we make enough, but he's loving being the provider.  It feels really good to do what we want with our lives and make it work out!  My mom has also been a great help - she encouraged me the whole time I was thinking about it.  She quit her job and was always at home with us growing up and I knew that's how I want my kids to grow up too.  SO... I guess I'm the newest Taylorsville Housewife!! :)  Bring on the magazines and bon-bons!  Haha, yeah right...

                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment