Wednesday, July 24, 2013

School of LOVE

 
I love this movie.  I love all chick flicks.  I love them, mostly, because it reminds me of how much I love my husband!  Every time I watch the Notebook, I like to think that it's kind of like my own story.  I guess the only thing I have in common with the story is that Dave and I met at 17 :)  But, I know we'll end up like the old couple in the end!
 
I just really have a lot of appreciation for my husband lately and wanted to share what I've learned about being a good wife. 
 
I've struggled since day one with controlling every thing and being a perfectionist.  I always have loved Dave, but I found it hard to not let life get in the way.  I'm SURE every one has been like that sometime in their marriages.  Anyway, throughout our three year marriage/struggle/learning experience, I am slowly learning that true love and happiness with your partner comes from forgiving them of all of their faults and being there to support them when times are tough.  Nothing good comes from pointing out everything that they've done wrong.  Dave has always been so good at this and I'm starting to take lessons from him. 
 
I've also learned how important it is to let the man be the leader of the house.  I've been taught this in the Gospel so many times, but I never really knew it's importance.  Things feel so good when I just let him take the lead and just support him.  It's amazing to see the roles of women and men play out just like the scriptures and teachings of the church say they should. 
 
So those are the lessons I've learned (the HARD way) lately.  I really hope I can get myself to remember this stuff so I can make life easier.  Ladies, remember to love your husbands, faults and all.  Remember, you have faults too.  Be there for them, they need it in this crazy world! 
 
  Thank goodness for Eternity
 



1 comment:

  1. Love this Jordin! I struggle with the same stuff! Thank goodness for patient husbands.

    ReplyDelete